Putting this Coca Cola Meatballs Crockpot recipe on the meal plan is an easy way to have a delicious dinner. With just three simple ingredients these meatballs will become a new slow cooker favorite.
How to Make Coca Cola Meatballs
The best thing about this recipe is the simplicity! You toss a few sauces, a can of coke or your other favorite soda and frozen or pre-cooked meatballs in the slow cooker and go.
These Coke Meatballs have a nice tangy BBQ sauce that makes them so tasty. You can serve them as a whole meal, appetizer or even a side to your favorite pasta.
You probably have all of these ingredients on hand. Ketchup, cola, and dijon mustard. You can actually use any dark soda. Pick your favorite. Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, and even the diet versions all work.
Which Meatballs Work Best?
Another great thing about this Coca Cola Meatballs recipe is the versatility of the meat you use. You can use frozen, make homemade or even meatless meatballs work just fine.
Will Meatballs Cook in a Crockpot?
Cooking meatballs in a slow cooker isn’t my favorite thing to do. I have this thing about raw ground meat having to be browned before I add it to the crockpot.
This recipe calls for pre-cooked meatballs and that is what I use and always recommend. Plus you should always check the temperature of your meatballs with a food thermometer. 165 degrees is fully cooked.
What to Serve with Meatballs
Meatballs are great on a sandwich, with pasta, rice or even just on a toothpick. You can serve them for a meal or appetizers.
Here are a few side dishes that would also be great served with meatballs.:
- Ruby Tuesday Broccoli Salad
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Ruby Tuesday Macaroni and Cheese
- Weight Watchers Mediterranean Salad
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad with Tuna
Here are some other meatball recipes to try if you liked these Coca Cola meatballs!
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Meatballs
- 20 Delicious Slow Cooker Meatball Recipes
Coca Cola Meatballs Printable Recipe
- 2 lbs frozen or pre-cooked meatballs
- 2 Cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 16.9 oz bottle of Coke
- Pour soda into the slow cooker.
- Add ketchup and spicy brown mustard and stir until blended.
- Add frozen or pre-cooked meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Use a spoon to gently coat meatballs
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours if meatballs are frozen.
- Cook on low for 3 hours if meatballs were not frozen.
- Ensure the internal temp of meatballs reaches 165 degrees before serving.
You can substitute any dark soda or even the sugar-free versions.
Mustard can also be dijon or just plain yellow mustard if you choose.
Frozen meatballs will need to cook longer than pre-cooked homemade versions.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 139Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 25mgSodium 462mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 6g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.
If you want to double a recipe to freeze a 10-quart crockpot may be more what you are looking for.