These super easy Crockpot Dr Pepper chicken wings are finger licking good. They’re sticky, sweet, and perfectly simple to make!
Try out this awesome chicken wing recipe that you can whip up with very little effort and have on the table easier than takeout!
You’ll find that making wings in the crockpot is kind of addicting. I’ve shared a few different varieties, try Sprite Chicken Wings, Crockpot Buffalo Wings, Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings, and Garlic Parmesan CrockPot Chicken Wings too!
They are just so simple to make and they come out perfectly tender, falling off the bone juicy, so it makes going out for takeout wings unnecessary.
If you’ve never made wings in your slow cooker you will be surprised by how juicy and flavorful the end result is, it’s amazing. The Crockpot does all the hard work for you!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crockpot Dr Pepper chicken wings:
Making wings in the Crockpot is really simple you’ll need some frozen chicken wings, any kind of bbq sauce you like, and a can of Dr Pepper soda. That is it! Just three ingredients to make the best dinner recipe of the week.
My family always flips when we make chicken wings in the slow cooker and one of our favorites are these Dr Pepper wings!
How to make slow cooker chicken wings with Dr. Pepper:
Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Place chicken in a slow cooker.
Pour Dr. Pepper over the chicken wings.
Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken wings. Stir to coat. Cover; cook on Low heat setting for 3 hours.
Set the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Using a slotted spoon or fork, place the chicken on the pan. Broil the tops of chicken 3 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning halfway through broiling time. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
Do I have to brown these wings?
You could skip the oven if you want, I love to put the wings into the wing to give them a little crisp and to help caramelize the sauce a bit. It makes them extra indulgent and helps make the sauce extra sticky and delicious.
Of course you can skip this step, it’s not really about cooking the wings, it just helps with the texture and the finished sauce flavor!
Looking for more delicious Crockpot recipes?
Here are some other favorites that I whip up in our Crockpot! You can enjoy the wing recipes that I shared above along with these delicious choices!
- Super Easy Nacho Chicken And Rice
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Split Pea Soup in the Crockpot
- Mouthwatering Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
- How To Make Orange Chicken in the Crockpot!
Printable Crockpot Dr Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe:
- 12-16 chicken wings, do not thaw
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1-12 ounce can of Dr. Pepper
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Pour Dr. Pepper over the chicken wings.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken wings. Stir to coat. Cover; cook on Low heat setting for 3 hours.
- Set the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Using a slotted spoon or fork, place the chicken on the pan. Broil the tops of chicken 3 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning halfway through broiling time. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 59mgSodium 770mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 12g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.