Did you know that you can make a green bean casserole in your slow cooker?! My Crockpot green bean casserole is easy and delicious!
If you want to make another great side dish you should try these Crockpot collard greens!
Disclosure: This post contains links to items you can purchase that we make a commission on.
When the holidays roll around we start instantly getting ideas ready for our big meals! Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. are usually exciting times for our meal plan.
Since I like to be able to cook everything and anything for the holidays I have to figure out ways to get them cooked without taking up space in the oven or on the stove top.
One way you can do that is with side dish recipes that can be made in the Crockpot. This Crockpot green bean casserole is perfect for any time of year. It’s indulgent, delicious, and super easy to make in the slow cooker.
Another great recipe that we make in the Crockpot for our holiday meals is the classic slow cooker sweet potato casserole, and Easy Crockpot Stuffing. These cranberry meatballs are also delish for an appetizer!
Can I make this recipe for green bean casserole in advance?
You can definitely make this recipe in advance. It can be kept mixed up in a bowl in the refrigerator for about three days.
After it is cooked you can kept warming it in the Crockpot for about two hours without issue.
You also have some options in terms of what kinds of green beans to use! When using the slow cooker I like to make my recipes with canned beans…that being said, you can use fresh and frozen beans too.
Using frozen beans means you need to thaw them out first and drain them, for fresh beans, be sure to use about a pound and a half total! Easy peasy!
What else do I need to make this green bean casserole in the slow cooker?
My version of a green bean casserole in the Crockpot uses canned green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup, sour cream or plain yogurt, evaporated milk, garlic, salt and pepper, French fried onions, shredded parmesan cheese and shredded mild cheddar cheese!
How to make Crockpot green bean casserole:
In your crockpot combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, and seasonings, and whisk to combine.
Stir in the green beans, cheddar, parmesan, and half of the french fried onions. Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours.
After two hours stir the casserole well and add the remaining french fried onions to the top. Replace the lid and continue cooking for 30 minutes, up to one more hour.
- 4 (14.5 Ounce) Cans of Green Beans, Drained
- 2 (10.5 Ounce) Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream or plain yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 6 Ounce Can French Fried Onions
- 4 ounces of mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- In your crockpot combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, and seasonings, and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the green beans, cheddar, parmesan, and half of the french fried onions. Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours.
- After two hours stir the casserole well and add the remaining french fried onions to the top. Replace the lid and continue cooking for 30 minutes, up to one more hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.