There is just something about crockpot vegetable soup that gives you that warm feeling inside. Especially on fall days or during the winter snowy months. You will not only feel good that you are feeding your family a wholesome dinner but enjoy that it tastes great too.
Disclosure: This post contains links to items you can purchase that we make a commission on.
Is this Crockpot Vegetable Soup Vegan?
Yes! it is vegan. You can choose not to have it be Vegan/Vegetarian by substituting the vegetable broth for beef broth and add small pieces of stew meat to it for a meat-lovers flare. That is totally up to you. But those that wish to keep it vegan just follow the recipe as it is.
What Should I Serve with Vegan Vegetable Soup?
There are so many delicious possibilities to serve with this soup. Vegan crusty bread is one of my favorites when I have soups or stews. Or you may want to serve some vegan crackers with this soup. Another idea is tasty vegan pumpkin molasses muffins as your side.
What to Serve with this Slowcooker Vegetable Soup if I make it Non-Vegan
I am glad you asked. If you decide not to make this as a vegan soup then you can go with homemade crusty bread, Italian or French bread. Oyster, saltines or club crackers would go nicely in this soup too. If you are more of a muffin person corn muffins go nicely with this soup or a bran muffin. It all depends on what you enjoy with your favorite soups.
What Ingredients Will I Need to Make Vegan Vegetable Soup?
½ medium white onion, chopped
3 large carrots, chopped
3 large celery stalks, chopped
1 c. green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 c. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
¾ lbs. tri-color potatoes, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 T. Italian seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1 c. tomato puree
3 c. vegetable broth
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 c. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
3 T. fresh lime juice
1 large lime, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
What Size Crockpot Should I Use?
For this recipe, I would use a 5-quart crockpot. You may also want to use a crockpot liner which allows for less mess when it is time to clean up. If you want to double your recipe a 10-quart crockpot may be more what you are looking for.
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 c. green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 c. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- ¾ lbs. tri-color potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 c. tomato puree
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- Optional Garnish:
- 1 large lime, sliced
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the chopped onion, carrots, celery, green beans, corn, potatoes, red pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock.
- Add the tomato purée and vegetable broth. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove lid and stir in baby spinach and fresh lime juice. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or just until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately garnished with lime slices and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
If you cook on high it will take4 hours. If you choose to cook on low it will take 8 hours as the recipe states.