This is the best Crockpot vegetable soup recipe. It’s simple, but the flavors are amazing. This vegetable soup recipe is indulgent, but light enough to enjoy year round!
There is just something about crockpot vegetable soup that gives you that warm feeling inside. Especially on fall days or during the winter snowy months.
You will not only feel good that you are feeding your family a wholesome dinner but enjoy that it tastes great too. We eat this delicious recipe year round whenever I have a craving for it!
Disclosure: This post contains links to items you can purchase that we make a commission on.
Is this Crockpot Vegetable Soup Vegan?
Yes! This Crockpot vegetable soup is vegan as written.
That is totally up to you. But those that wish to keep it vegan just follow the recipe as it is.
What Should I Serve with Vegan Vegetable Soup?
There are so many delicious possibilities to serve with this soup. Vegan crusty bread is one of my favorites when I have soups or stews.
Or you may want to serve some vegan crackers with this soup. We like it on it’s own, no additions necessary!
What else can I serve with vegetable soup? (non-vegan options)
I am glad you asked. If you decide not to make this as a vegan soup then you can go with homemade crusty bread, Italian or French bread.
Oyster, saltines or club crackers would go nicely in this soup too.
If you are more of a muffin person corn muffins go nicely with this soup or a bran muffin. It all depends on what you enjoy with your favorite soups.
What Ingredients Will I Need to Make Vegan Vegetable Soup?
½ medium white onion, chopped
3 large carrots, chopped
3 large celery stalks, chopped
1 c. green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 c. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
¾ lbs. tri-color potatoes, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 T. Italian seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1 c. tomato puree
3 c. vegetable broth
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 c. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
3 T. fresh lime juice
For garnish I’d consider using lime and fresh parsley.
What Size Crockpot Should I Use?
If you want to double a recipe to freeze a 10-quart crockpot may be more what you are looking for.
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 c. green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 c. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- ¾ lbs. tri-color potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 c. tomato puree
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- Combine the chopped onion, carrots, celery, green beans, corn, potatoes, red pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock.
- Add the tomato purée and vegetable broth. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove lid and stir in baby spinach and fresh lime juice. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or just until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately garnished with lime slices and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
If you cook on high it will take4 hours. If you choose to cook on low it will take 8 hours as the recipe states.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 4g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.
Here are some other great soup recipes to try:
We love a great soup recipe. You’ll love these too once you give them a try! Check out creamy mushroom soup, sausage potato soup, butternut squash soup or even beef stew for some great dinner recipes that the whole family will devour!