This slow cooker Chicken cordon bleu recipe is one of my favorite meals. Thanks to this chicken cordon bleu casserole I don’t have to fight with the complicated restaurant version!
Making it in a slow cooker with chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, and stuffing turns it into a perfect casserole that takes no time to prepare.
We’ll be using the “Set it and forget it” method with this incredibly easy meal. It combines all of your favorite flavors in one place.
What more could you ask for in a weeknight meal?
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
I remember the days of stuffing and rolling chicken to then pan fry to make chicken cordon bleu. While I have loved making this in the past, let’s face it – busy families don’t often have time for that type of meal.
I wanted something easier but also satisfying. Not only did I want to make the classic chicken and ham dish, I knew there needed to be a side included.
With the stuffing in there this casserole becomes an all in one dish that everyone in my family begs for all the time.
Should I use a Slow Cooker Liner for this Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe?
I am a huge fan of using slow cooker liners. They really help me with cleanup, but if you don’t have one or prefer not to use them, the non-stick spray works well also.
When working with a casserole-style recipe the biggest struggle is that pasta or bread will stick to the slow cooker very easily. Since this recipe uses a stuffing mix as part of the base, you know you need something to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
What’s the best ham for this recipe?
I list below that you should use luncheon meat, and that is exactly what works best for the recipe. What type of lunchmeat you choose, is up to your preferences.
A traditional basic ham is a classic, but you may prefer a smokier flavor or sweeter option. I prefer smoked ham slices over honey ham, but you can try a variety to find the one that works best for you.
How to Make a Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Make sure you grab the printable recipe below. It has all of the ingredients and directions you need to make this casserole for your family.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz ham lunchmeat
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 box of instant stuffing ( 6 ounce)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded swiss
- Prepare your chicken by cutting it into bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl, melt the butter. Combine the cream of soup with the butter.
- Pour a bit of the soup mix into the bottom of the crock pot to cover.
- Add your chicken over the soup mix in the crock pot.
- Cut the lunchmeat into bite sized pieces. Add half of the ham on top of the chicken.
- Top with 1 cup of swiss cheese.
- Add ½ a box of stuffing on top of the cheese.
- Layer the remaining ham, cheese and stuffing.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the remaining soup mixture.
- Pour over the dinner.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 481Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 156mgSodium 1509mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 49g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.