This Chocolate Pumpkin Latte is cozy, yet so indulgent. It’s rich, creamy, and subtly spiced. Whether topped with a dollop of whipped cream or enjoyed on its own, it’s the perfect flavorful fall beverage.
The secret to a cozy drink to curl up to on a cold evening is combining hot chocolate with brewed coffee plus, of course, a touch of something different (in this case spiced pumpkin). Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven, add some pumpkin spice and you made yourself the ultimate fall drink. Starbucks could never.
Add a dollop of sweetened, lightly whipped cream for a perfect finishing touch to this simple and luscious concoction that you will enjoy all fall AND winter long.
This recipe can be easily scaled to serve a crowd by simply preparing larger batches. You can also use white chocolate to make this recipe instead of the cocoa powder. The smooth, silky taste of white chocolate goes extremely well paired with the spiced pumpkin flavor. Simply substitute the cocoa powder with 1 cup of white chocolate chips or 4 ounces of chopped white chocolate bar.
Just a tip:
Keep the latte in a slow cooker set to the lowest setting until ready to serve.
Feel free to add half a cup of liquor (our favorite is bourbon) such as whiskey for a boozy adult-only cozy beverage.
This pumpkin spice chocolate latte is a comforting, indulgent beverage that captures the very essence of fall. You can even enjoy this drink hot or cold and you can adjust the sweetness to your liking. Add a dollop of whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers, or a drizzle of caramel for a creative twist.
- Pumpkin puree: Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Milk alternatives: You can use any milk of choice, either dairy or non-dairy milk. Almond milk, oat milk, and soy milk are all good alternatives.
- Serving suggestions: Serve this latte alongside your favorite fall treats like pumpkin muffins or Snickerdoodle cookies.
Recipe Notes & FAQ:
- Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin?
Yes, you can. To make fresh pumpkin puree, roast or boil the chopped pumpkin until soft, then blend them until smooth. Strain any liquid before adding it to the recipe.
- Can I reheat the leftover Pumpkin Chocolate Latte?
Yes, you can gently reheat it in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave at 15-second intervals. Be careful not to overheat it.
- Can I make this recipe without the pumpkin spice mix?
While the pumpkin spice mix adds a distinctive flavor, you can omit it or add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon instead.
How To Make Chocolate Pumpkin Latte:
In a small saucepan, heat the milk, canned pumpkin, cocoa powder, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and hot coffee over medium heat, stirring constantly until they are well combined and heated through.
Pour the pumpkin chocolate latte into mugs. Top with the whipped cream if desired and sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon over the whipped cream.
Allow the latte to come at room temperature. Transfer it to a mason jar with a lid and seal it tightly. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Boozy chocolate pumpkin latte: Add 1/2 cup of liquor such as bourbon or whiskey for a boozy adult-only cozy beverage.
- Maple Pumpkin Latte Chocolate: Replace some or all the sugar with maple syrup for a fall-inspired flavor.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup hot brewed espresso or strong dark roast coffee
- Whipped cream, optional for topping
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, canned pumpkin, cocoa powder, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and hot coffee over medium heat, stirring constantly until they are well combined and heated through.
- Pour the pumpkin chocolate latte into mugs. Top with the whipped cream if desired and sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon over the whipped cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 11mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 7g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.