With breakfast being touted as the most important meal of the day this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is the bomb!
Perfect for Sunday morning or make it ahead and you will have it for warming up during the school/workweek. It also would be awesome to take to brunch too.
Disclosure: This post contains links to items you can purchase that we make a commission on.
The Easy Way to Serve a Delicious Breakfast Casserole
What could be easier than serving this easy breakfast casserole? First off you can make it ahead in your crockpot.
The only pre-prep you have to do is to brown the sausage before putting it into the crockpot, chopping up your red pepper, and shredding your cheeses.
To take off some pre-prep time you can get your cheese pre-shredded.
You will enjoy the fact that it is all put into one pot and you can forget about it for 4-6 hours.
This could also be perfect for brunch after church too. Or if you are a family that does ‘breakfast for dinner’ that will be something to look forward to also.
What ingredients are in a breakfast casserole made with the Crockpot?
Here is a list of the ingredients you can find in this recipe. It’s really easy and it’s a very forgiving recipe. If you need to make changes or substitutions, most of them will be totally fine.
I like to add in some veggies too when I have them on hand!
Non-stick cooking spray (or melted butter or coconut oil)
16 oz. mild bulk sausage (no casings)
1 20-oz. bag hash browns, shredded
½ t. ground cumin
½ t. garlic powder
1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
8 large eggs
½ c. water
¼ t. chipotle powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1 c. Monterey Jack (or other mild white) cheese, finely shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 16 oz. mild bulk sausage (no casings)
- 1 20-oz. bag hash browns, shredded
- ½ t. ground cumin
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ c. water
- ¼ t. chipotle powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 c. Monterey Jack (or other mild white) cheese, finely shredded
- Spray a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray (or grease with melted butter or coconut oil).
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until nicely browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the skillet. Set aside.
- Spread hash browns in an even layer across the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Add the browned sausage and sprinkle the ground cumin and garlic powder on top.
- Add the chopped red pepper and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a large bowl and pour evenly across the top of the other ingredients before topping with the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve immediately topped with green onion, red pepper, fresh cilantro, and/or additional shredded cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
The 20 minute prep time, 10 minutes of that is browning the sausage.
Cook time is 4-6 hours on low.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 561Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 249mgSodium 1164mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 22g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.