This monkey bread recipe with cranberries is a wonderful breakfast or dessert that is so easy to make! I love that this monkey bread recipe uses cinnamon rolls to help the process take less time.
I adore any recipe that takes minutes to prep and cooks without me tending it all day. Using my slow cooker and adding a few extra ingredients to this semi-homemade recipe is a complete lifesaver on busy days!
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey bread with cinnamon rolls is the epitome of an easy treat. You really don’t even have to think when making this. Just grab the ingredients, line your slow cooker, and off you go!
For this recipe, I included a sprinkle of cranberries on top after the monkey bread was done in the slow cooker. It adds just a hint of extra flavor and texture that pairs really well with the ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls.
Variations on Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is so easy to adapt for different flavors. One of my favorite things is to grab the orange flavor cinnamon rolls and sprinkle on chocolate chips before serving.
The combination of orange and chocolate is incredible! You can also add any fresh fruit to the mix.
Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries are excellent choices. If you have extra apples on hand, you can dice those and mix in with the cinnamon roll pieces to cook down with the rolls in the slow cooker.
Why is this recipe better in the Slow Cooker?
One of the worst things that can happen when making any monkey bread recipe is that the wonderful moist icing on the outside is only to mask a dried-out dough on the inside.
Why is it better in a slow cooker? Because it doesn’t dry out your monkey bread like oven-baked options!
What do I Serve with Monkey Bread for Breakfast?
We all know that sweets are a great breakfast, but that isn’t a very balanced breakfast.
If I am using this monkey bread recipe made with cinnamon rolls as a breakfast, I know I want to add some protein alongside it for a better start to my day.
Some good ideas to go along with your monkey bread:
- Bacon, sausage, or ham
- Regular or Greek yogurt
- Hard-boiled, scrambled, or fried eggs
- An omelet
- Fresh fruit
- 1 tube cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Open the can of rolls and separate. Cut each roll into quarters.
- Dip each quarter into the butter and then in a sandwich bag, place the cinnamon and sugar. Roll the dough pieces in the sugar/cinnamon after dipping them in the butter.
- Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper
- Layer the dough balls on the bottom of the bowl. Pour any remaining butter and sugar over the top of the dough balls.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 – 4 hours or until they are cooked through.
- Remove them from the cooker bowl to cool. Place on a serving platter.
- Warm the icing up in the microwave (remove the lid!) for 5 – 7 seconds so it runs smoother.
- Sprinkle the cranberries over the top of the monkey bread and then drizzle with the icing.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 190mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 1g
These recipes are calculated as a courtesy. They are not intended as medical advice or guaranteed accurate. Please do your own calculations if necessary.